Thursday 14 February 2013

Week 5


Valentines Love


Valentines day today so I may as well write about the things I love this week I think.
There are few things in life I love, my wife, my family, Arsenal FC being the main ones, without these things I do not know how I would have coped over the last 5 months. These people bring me so much joy in the most testing and challenging of times, I feel an immense pride having these in my life. Love in my case is certainly not blind for I see it and feel it every day. So to all everyone of my loves I say thank you.

However I must confess now that a new love for me maybe blossoming, just as beautiful as the pink flowers on an apple blossom tree. Yes I think I may well be falling in love with running, for you see running gives you some tough love that some times in life you need, it says you will find each run hard, you will burn and you will ache but after I will reward you with all the niceties your body desires. Your vitality which has been diminished by one too many burgers (beef or horse), I will gently restore, Your muscles which just get you through your day I will make strong, the stresses that life puts on you, I will remove and you will feel all better.

These reasons make running very hard not to fall in love with, who would really not want this? so all the singletons reading this wishing they had love on valentines day I say go start a love affair with running, just wack on a pair of trainers and head out of that door take it nice and easy, what have you got to loose?

Sponsors

I would just like to take this time to say a massive thanks to every one who has sponsored me so far, I am currently at £237.00 or £282.00 including gift aid so already over half way to my target. This really does help to spur me on and to do my best so thanks so much.

One last part for today, one of my old friends is running the silverstone half marathon in just a few weeks and is raising money for children are butterflies also so if any of you would like to add a bit extra towards this great charity and spur her on you can do so HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment