Thursday 24 January 2013

Week 2


Here's to good health

Another week has gone the last of the relaxed work out's has happened the intensity will step up a notch this coming week.
Looking back on the previous week I feel like there has been a big improvement to my well being and this all from just 20 minute brisk walks and eating healthier. It is amazing to me that such small changes can make a difference especially in your mental alertness, I am more switched on and able to take on and understand information more readily. If your looking to increase your well being just these small changes really do make a huge difference.

This week I have continued with the small steps and on Tuesday stepped it up from brisk walks to 6 x 1 minute run followed by 1 minute easy walk. This will gently ease me up to being able to run non stop for 20 minutes.
I have also completed two 20 minute sessions on the rowing machine this week coming in at 1000 reps.

A thing that has also struck me is my focus on achieving the results, I have many times attempted to get fitter but give up as soon as it gets too cold or wet or just a bit too hard, this time there is no room for complacency so despite the snow fall this week, I have not waned I have not give in, I have been out there in the sub zero temperatures ensuring I get the best preparation possible to achieve the success.

Weighing In

Weighed in first thing this morning and was extremely happy with the result good bye 15st and friends hello 14st and mates. I have managed to lose half a stone in just 2 weeks, it's these results that really give you some encouragement knowing you are heading in the right direction, thank the world for spinach rice and sweet potato.
Just to reiterate that this loss came from walking 3 times a week and 3 sessions on a rowing machine.

Reiteration

A side from all this preparation my life that was rocked so badly continues on, I went to see Jasmine on Wednesday at the cemetery in Kingsthorpe and they had dug a hole in preparation for another baby to be laid to rest that will be the 4th child since we laid Jasmine to rest in October, and the 7th in her row since September.

More then 1 child a month is buried in Kingsthorpe alone so far, I have no idea whether there are more cremated or in the cemetery at Delapre, either way it is an incredible number, and each time you see this it hits you and you feel for the bereaved parents fully understanding what they are going through it verges on torturous at times and I hope that they have such supporting families as I am lucky in having as that makes such a difference.
Obviously events like this show that there is a lot more we need to learn to make pregnancy safe and reiterates why I am choosing to do this run. More needs to be done, education is a necessity to stop this happening, It also shows that a support network will help and is needed for everyone affected by the loss of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment